[MPlayer-users] rtc_pie_on permission denied

SycOtiC Smith sycotic at onebox.com
Mon Nov 19 21:35:50 CET 2001

> RTC is root-only just like DGA or svgalib.
> and you must have rtc support enabbled in the kernel.
> (most users has it disabled)

> A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

If 'most' users have it disabled, why count on it being there?  Or are you expecting all users to
recompile kernel just to use mplayer?  I don't mind, but someone out there will.

Just MHO.  I prefer to stick with 2.2.x kernel, at this time, since it works well for my setup.
I don't feel I need to upgrade just to make ONE program compile/work.  Maybe rtc should be included
in a different way (if possible?)?  There are other ways to count time.

Again, MHO.

/** SycOtiC Smith **/