[MPlayer-users] ANNOUNCE: new ./configure script

pl p_l at tfz.net
Mon Nov 19 12:20:35 CET 2001

On Mon, Nov 19, 2001 at 11:48:48AM +0100, Petr Ketner wrote:
[...]
> > On Sun, Nov 18, 2001 at 10:21:14PM -0500, Robinson, Chad wrote:
> > [...]
> > > One comment: the only thing it looks for to see if MGA_VID support should be
> > > included is /dev/mga_vid's existence. On Slackware 8.x that is now created
> > > by default, which means this support will always (needlessly) be compiled
> > > in. It may be harder to do some other check than it's worth, but FYI. I can
> > > always use a configure switch to keep it out if I care.
> > Use that as a workaround. Yet, if anybody knows of a reliable way to
> > autodetect it: share'n'enjoy :)
>
> /sbin/lspci?
Ok, it didn't come to my mind but yes, it's a solution :)

A few questions to lower my blind testing and my doc/src parsing time:

  What should I grep in lspci output ? (do a lspci and then mail the
  line matching your h/w)

  Is 3dfx code suitable for any 3dfx (model 1 to infinity-and-beyond) ?

  Is mg* support suitable for any matrox ?

  How do I know if fb support is enabled in kernel (I could lsmod but if
  statically linked...) ?

--
Best regards,
  pl