[MPlayer-users] make: rtc.h not found

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Nov 19 00:01:51 CET 2001

Hi,

> > If only I knew what linux/rtc.h is or does.
>
> Real Time Clock.
>
> I think, mplayer needs the functions defined in there to calculate
> Audio/Video Sync. PCs RTC does not only provide date and time, it also
not realy

> includes some very nice timers, which most programs doing time measurement
> uses.

it has precize timers (up to 8khz). normal way to delay displaying video
frame is usleep() but it has +-10ms accurancy. to bad if you see that
distance of 2 frame is 30-40ms. it means +-25% in timing... (jerly pic)

so we now use RTC for timing, with 1khz base (1ms accurancy)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu