[MPlayer-users] AC3 decoding problem.

German Gomez Garcia german at piraos.com
Sun Nov 18 19:57:47 CET 2001

> > Another thing: the hardware ac3 passthrough doesn't work (when doing -ac
> > hwac3) when it works perfectly using the alsa tool 'ac3dec'. (I've got a
> > SBLive! soundcard)
> the code is somewhat unmaintained as not we did it but an external
> developer...

	Yes, it is somewhat unmaintained, mainly because it seems that AC3
is broken in the emu10k1 driver, it works for a while but now I'm not able
to make it work. I've written Juha Yrjölä, the original developer of the ac3
passthrough, asking for information on the current status of the driver, I'll
keep you informed.

	Regards,

	- german