[MPlayer-users] RADEON_VID introduction

Nick Kurshev nickols_k at mail.ru
Sat Nov 17 17:23:34 CET 2001

Hello!

I've done first public release of subj
location: main/drivers/radeon/radeon_vid.*

What is it:
It's backend scaler for radeon cards.

Currently it tested and known as working only with YUY2 format.
(DirectShow codecs support that).
It was tested only on my Radeon VE card.
I didn't test it with -vo mga since this output driver is meaningless
for radeon cards (TV-out is not supported)

But it works through -vo vesa driver !!!
usage:
mplayer -vo vesa:lvo:/dev/radeon_vid -your options filename.avi

MOST important: With using -vo vesa you may watch movies on TV!!!
Traditionally - you can run mplayer from text mode but you should have
loaded radeon_vid driver: it could be loader from text mode too:
 modprobe radeon_vid

Best regards! Nick

P.S.: I know - you never give me 20L of champagne ;)