[MPlayer-users] Mencoder wrapper script

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Sat Nov 17 13:21:14 CET 2001

On Friday, 16. November 2001 20:08, you wrote:
>         Included inline below is a PERL script I wrote to make sure I use
> the same command line switches for both passes. I included it because I
> seem to remember a couple of people wanting something like it. NOTE: I
> finished writing this in the very early hours of the morning. It seems to
> work fine for me but YMMV of course.  -- Enjoy!
hmm, isn't the script a little overkill, something like this would IMHO be
sufficient:
#!/usr/bin/perl -w
# Two pass MEncoder helper script
# Copyleft by Felix Buenemann <atmosfear at users dot sourceforge dot net>
use strict;
my $mencoder="mencoder"; # Path to MEncoder (including binary name)

die "No arguments given!\n" unless @ARGV;

for(my $i=1; $i<=2; $i++) {
	system($mencoder, at ARGV," -pass $i")
		and die "MEncoder pass $i failed!\n"