[MPlayer-users] Feature request: remote-control mode

lanzz at lanzz.org lanzz at lanzz.org
Thu Nov 15 13:38:25 CET 2001

On Thu, 15 Nov 2001, Kilian A. Foth wrote:

> efficient. When using it as a backend to transript-mode, I can only
> send strings to its stdin. This works for pausing and resuming by
> sending ' ' and 'p' but not for seek, because I can't send KEY_LEFT
> over stdin.

of course you can. you just have to send the sequence (normally ESC "[" "D"
is left arrow). best source for the escape sequences: terminfo. worst: run
'cat' and press the key you need :) (has the disadvantage of possibly not
working on terminal types different from yours). and the output is VERY
parsable, i think - just drop everything you cannot parse, it should be an
error or warning message.