[MPlayer-users] Re: [OLD-Mplayer-users] vesa driver and blank screen after quiting

Rajesh Fowkar rfowkar at goatelecom.com
Sat Nov 17 01:06:30 CET 2001

Nick Kurshev saw fit to inform me that:
>Hello, Rajesh!
>
>On Fri, 16 Nov 2001 22:54:11 +0000 you wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Today I tried out mplayer's vesa driver on my i810 Celerone machine. It
>> plays in console mode really well. Thanks for such a great driver for
>> console mode video playback.
>>
>> However what happens is after I quit the movie the screen becomes blank.
>> Nothing is visible. I than use reset - from ncurses to get back the prompt.
>> But now the screen has got more than 25 lines. Now if the commands or
>> output on the screen crosses 25 lines I am unable to view the prompt. Only
>> after I clear the screen the prompt is visible. How to bring the console
>> back to 25x80 mode after quitting mplayer ?
>>
>> I have created the following script to play vcd in console mode :
>>
>> mplayer -vcd 1 -vo vesa -bpp 16
>> reset
>>
>Terminal switching (by Alt-Fx) helps me. (It's described in TFM ;)

I did RTFM, but by switching the console and than going back to the console
on which I played the video gives me back the prompt however the font
problem persists thus the prompt disappears below the 25th line. In the
manual setsysfont utility is given (for mandrake distro), any idea how to
set the console font back to the original one on debian.

sorry for bothering the list for a known problem.

Warm Regards

--
Rajesh
http://www.symonds.net/~rajesh/    *****  Powered By: Debian GNU/Linux