[MPlayer-users] Reproducable segfault with mencoder -pass 2

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Nov 14 21:58:48 CET 2001

Hi,

> > This example shows how to encode a DVD to a 2-pass DivX4 AVI. Just two
> > commands are needed :
> >  mplayer -dvd 2 -ovc divx4 -oac mp3lame -divx4opts br=1100 -o movie.avi -pass 1
> >  mplayer -dvd 2 -ovc divx4 -oac mp3lame -divx4opts br=1100 -o movie.avi -pass 2
>
> Actually, it might be more user friendly to have a "-do2pass" switch
> which does exactly that: run mencoder two times. This also ensures
not possible. re-initialization of all codecs and demuxers not yet solved.
and we don't want to do some fork()-hack or so.
if you need it, write a wrapper script to do it:

menc at pass.sh:

#/bin/sh
mencoder -pass 1 "$*"
mencoder -pass 2 "$*"

> that exactly the same options are used (requirement as stated in the
> docs) -- or are there applications where you *would* want to use
> different switches in the two runs?
you should always use the same options.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu