[MPlayer-users] some bugs fixed

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed Nov 14 19:08:07 CET 2001

Hi,

> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html &
>  http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.96.html if you still have questions or problems]
>
> > demuxer:
> [...]
> > - detection of 001.vdr files fixed (they have some broken chunks at the
> > beginning)
>
> Was this according to the green block at the beginning of each file ? (see
> my other thread in the mplayer-dvb list)
no, it comes from behaviour of digital broadcasting. nobody can fix it.

> If yes then i like to report that with todays cvs of mencoder the problem
> with the green blocks still persists :-(
don't do. it's from partial update (not full I frames in stream, read DVB
standard)

> btw: When using mplayer to replay my vdr file it has the green blocks too -
> but in VDR itself it's okay ...
did you noticed that short (~1sec) pause at channel switching?
it's because picture disabled waiting for green stuff to disappear.

> So maybe it's a problem with the MPEG2 Decoder in mplayer/mencoder ?
no.
it will be there with any decoder, try it.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu