[MPlayer-users] Windows binaries

=/\= Majki =/\= majki at pro.onet.pl
Tue Nov 13 18:55:03 CET 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Gábor Lénárt" <lgb at lgb.hu>
To: <mplayer-users at mplayer.dev.hu>
Sent: Monday, November 12, 2001 9:39 PM
Subject: Re: [MPlayer-users] Windows binaries

> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html &
>  http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.96.html if you still have questions or problems]
>
> On Sun, Nov 11, 2001 at 01:49:55PM +0100, =/= Majki =/= wrote:
> > > ;-) thats the truth ..
> > >

> > Why do you think that WinXP requre 3GHz P6 and that it is a shit, have
you
> > tried it ?
> > I have K6-2 300MHz , 192 MB RAM and it works pretty good. I can play
DivX
> > without any problem. My friend who has 600MHz duron says that it works
even
> > faster than Win 98. And we haven't any BSOD yet. In compare I have
Mandrake
> > 8.1, KDE , Gnome and I can't tell that it works faster than windows.
>
> OK. Then, use windows, install mediaplayer, stop using mplayer and PLEASE
do
> not advertise that piece of shit on mplayer mailing lists.
>
> - Gabor

Yes, I use Windows, and I don't have to install mediaplayer (it's already
installed) however I prefer vplayer. I do NOT advertise. I just tell the
truth. You think that Windows is shit because it's name Windows and Linux is
great because it's name Linux. How can you judge something if you didn't try
it. If Windows XP really require 3GHz, I would agree, but it works on 300
MHz so don't try to fool people.
I don't tell that Windows is the best, only what are facts.