[MPlayer-users] mencoder problems

Ralph Slooten ralph at delrom.ro
Wed Nov 14 17:02:41 CET 2001

I am having these very same problems (posted a Q several days ago, but
never got any real helpfull responce), except that I have only 1 DVD at the
moment to test with (The Matrix), and it too bombs out straight away,
producing a great picture, but no sound. I have just downloaded the latest
CVS version of Lame and unfortunately this does not help at all :-( I.E.
same result.

This does bring me onto a toutchy subject though, and guys, don't eat me
alive here, but I am using Mandrake 8.0 with the very "popular" gcc version
you all love so much (hehehe)! As it's an RPM based system, what are the
advantages / disadvantages of upgrading / downgrading gcc and related
packages? Will this affect any pre-compiled packages already installed?

I must say that so far I have never had any problems at all as other users
haven't with mplayer and gcc-2.96. We won't get into that now as I don't
want to piss you developers off too much. The main question for me here is
about the upgrading / downgrading... And help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ralph