[MPlayer-users] Quicktime theories/ideas

SycOtiC Smith sycotic at onebox.com
Mon Nov 12 22:23:35 CET 2001

I was reading some of the past posts regarding all the work on getting Quicktime (QT5/Sorenson) movies
to work in MPlayer and a thought popped in my head.

There is currently a Netscape plugin for Linux that can play most (maybe not Sorenson, not sure)
QT movies without *many* problems (read: less buggy), all without loading the QT libs from a M$ machine
to your system.

Now for the question:  Is it possible to load this plugin as a wrapper to mplayer as well?  Maybe
load the M$ version of the plugin?

Just my thoughts, not sure if they can/should be implementation. Like I said, my mind is best for
ideas, not implementing them ;-)

-SycOtiC