[MPlayer-users] avi plays with sdl on unaccellerated display but mpeg1 doesn't?

Brian J. Murrell 3df9ca6a00a98ff1ec5e55c603976118 at interlinx.bc.ca
Mon Nov 12 20:40:31 CET 2001

I have a video display which (unfortunately) does not have XVideo
support so I am forced to use SDL to get any scaling on it.  :-(

I seem to be able to play Divx/mpeg4/msmpeg4 type files on it, scaled
to any resolution using SDL, however when I try to play mpeg1 streams I
only get a black window with a tiny sliver of the picture on the top
lefthand corner -- whether I play the file scaled or not.  It looks
just like an "underline cursor" actually.

I am wondering why the difference?  Why would only one file format
(mpeg1) have a display problem with SDL when many others don't?

I am using Mplayer 0.50.

Thanx!

b.

--