[MPlayer-users] mencoder general question

Steven Noble steven at noblemail.ca
Mon Nov 12 02:43:09 CET 2001

>What I am trying is this:
>
>mencoder -dvd 1 -chapter 5 -aid 128 -oac mp3lame -lameopts br=128 -o
>film.avi

This is certainly not an answer but perhaps it is helpful.  With
mencoder (at least with the CVS version I'm using) -aid 0 gives you the
default sound track where as in mplayer -aid 0 with a dvd will almost
always be muted.  So perhaps -aid 128 is not 128 in mencoder.  However I
seem to get the same lock up as you if I use any aid other than 0.