[MPlayer-users] Alan Cox says gcc 2.96 is not buggy

Gábor Lénárt lgb at lgb.hu
Sat Nov 10 22:34:39 CET 2001

On Sat, Nov 10, 2001 at 12:22:28AM +0300, Alex Kanavin wrote:
> > they send bugreports without reading and understanding messages first),
> > so you shouldn't expect correct gcc 2.96 subversion determination from
> > them :)
>
> The only thing I want is to see gcc version checking and "enter-the-
> truth-according-to-us" removed from ./configure.

I would like not to remove :)

> However, if the real goal of these "measures" is to annoy and humiliate
> Red Hat users whenever possible then I should probably give up...

If users use RedHat it's their problem ... RedHat often includes alpha/non official
software versions into his distrubtions and marks these distributions as "stable"
or even "enterprise ready". Yes, for example gcc 2.96. What a nasty behaviour
is to release gcc 2.96 as standard C ompiler and 'kgcc' as C compiler suitable
compiling kernels. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

- Gabor