[MPlayer-users] Redhat 7,2 RPM's

Tomi Ollila Tomi.Ollila at sonera.com
Fri Nov 9 08:55:40 CET 2001

> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html &
>  http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.96.html if you still have questions or problems]
>

> Having
>
> a) tried to compile, failed, read the documentation, decided I don't
> want to move to different compiler versions
> b)tried the Mandrake Cooker RPM's, failed on lots of dependencies
> c)quickly scanned the users mailing list for RPM's unsuccessfully
>
> Have decided to post to the list and say I disagree.  I think
> a development rpm should be made available, I don't like Xine,
> and want to try mplayer hassle free.
>
> Whether it's mostly statically compiled or easily available in several
> rpm's this surely is a good thing as more users means more feedback
> which means a better program, no?
>
> I'm not on the list, so you have to cc: to flame me.

I've used RH 7.2 somethig like one month now. and I have compiled
several MPlayers without a problem (except that one #define -> #undef
thing in snapshot 20011105).

However, I've used gcc 3.0.1 (gcc3-3.0.1-3), the one that comes in
RH 7.2 cd (probably on the second one). The easiest to configure
using gcc3 is $ CC=gcc3 CCC=g++3 ./configure
(or env CC=gcc3 CCC=g++3 ./configure if anyone is using braindamaged
 tcsh shell as login one)

And, more feedback means more stupid questions >;)

> regards,
> Darren

Tomi