[MPlayer-users] Illegal binaries...

Balazs Lengyak mplayer at kign.org
Thu Nov 8 10:42:29 CET 2001

> yeah, source and binaries are just an information. Only one difference between source and binaries is that source can be read easier by human. So if source is legal than even binaries are legal but as has been said it's illegal to use it.
> BR
But then an again, a binary is just ONE NUMBER. Large number, yes, but still
a natural number. Question is, how large numbers can be protected by
copyright? Say, I copyright 0, and Arpi copyrigths 1, and then on, no binary
could be released without our permission because every binary consists of
just our binaries in various order. ;)

Maybe there should be a trial, where one should blame one another for
violating copyright, the another would say he/she just wrote down one
natural number. That would make up a precedence and from then on, no binary
could be protected by copyright, or, on if the judge decides to protect a
natural number by copyright, well... who knows?:)
Number-brokers;)))

It has not been properly thought over.

--
Regards,