[MPlayer-users] Fullscreen switching without GUI

Alexander Werth (gmx) alexander.werth at gmx.de
Wed Nov 7 05:44:36 CET 2001

Am Mit, 2001-11-07 um 04.54 schrieb Leandro Lucarella:
> El Wed, 7 Nov 2001 02:10:03 +0200 (CEST) Arpi <arpi at thot.banki.hu> escribió:
> > What about MINM ? (Mplayer Is Not Mplayer :)
>
> Nice!!! And true! :)
I'm not so sure about this. After all the one shipped with Microsoft
Windows is called Media Player. It just happens that the exe is also
called mplayer.exe. But most users will never ever see this filename in
windows since it's just a click and work/not work thing. So I can't see
anything wrong with sticking to mplayer for the program name. I can't
see the advantage in acronyms which are hard to remember for everyday
users.
Alexander Werth

--
The right to read is a battle being fought today...