[MPlayer-users] Windows binaries

Alexander Werth (gmx) alexander.werth at gmx.de
Tue Nov 6 22:35:36 CET 2001

Am Die, 2001-11-06 um 21.57 schrieb SycOtiC Smith:
> On the other note, what spec system was used to create the screenshots?  They seem to be decent for
> a current (ie not 3GHz) system.

But there is still the problem that mplayer would perform badly on a
windows box compared to other windows players. This may change in the
future. But it would be still funny to use Microsoft Windows api
emulation on Microsoft Windows itself. On the other hand it can play
more formats and more broken videos than any windows player. Right now
it's the fastest and best player for linux. I would feel sorry if it
earned a bad reputation on windows just because it was released to
early.
Just my two cent,
Alexander Werth

--
The right to read is a battle being fought today...