[MPlayer-users] Mencoder, mplayer: bug reports & feature requests

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Nov 5 23:42:48 CET 2001

Hi,

> 1) If I start "mencoder" with verbose option, I
> can see that it recognizes the different audio
> streams inside:
>
> ==> Found audio stream: 133
> ==> Found audio stream: 131
> ==> Found audio stream: 130
> ==> Found audio stream: 129
> ==> Found audio stream: 128
> ==> Found audio stream: 132
>
> But when I use the "-aid 129" switch, "mencoder"
> scans the whole DVD and aborts with the following
> error message. In fact it does so with all values
> from above.
>
> "mplayer -dvd 1 -aid 129" works fine.

hmm. shouldn't happen, but you're teh second who reporetd, so it's time to
check :)

> 2) There is a typo in the "mencoder" manpage. It
> says:
gabu, pelase fix!

> 3) What about a resizing option for the encoded video?
planned

> 4) What about a split option (like -split 650M) to split the
> output video stream to several output files while encoding.
good idea.

> Of course one must think about possible problems with
> the two-pass encoding here. (Are there any problems?)
no

> But if it is not possible, at least for direct stream copy
> this option should be added.

> 5) If a DVD has many titles and chapters, it's annoying that
> it takes so long when "libdvdread" tries to retrieve all the
> CSS keys. Is this really necessary?
dunno. ask dvdread guys. i'm not a decss expert...
(and i have only one, unencrypted disk...)

> Didn't older versions of "mplayer" use some other method
> or another library? Why was this changed?
old method (libcss) didn't handle titles/chapters etc. just
played the .vob as regular mpeg file.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu