[MPlayer-users] DVD + -autoq in 0.50

Arnd Marijnissen grimm at cistron.nl
Mon Nov 5 12:36:08 CET 2001

On Mon, 5 Nov 2001, Arpi wrote:

> [Automatic answer: RTFM (read DOCS, FAQ), also read DOCS/bugreports.html &
>  http://gcc.gnu.org/gcc-2.96.html if you still have questions or problems]
>
> Hi,
>
> > Now, it plays fine with "-dvd 1", no probs there, but "-autoq 100" for
> > example produces problems once in a while. It produces the effect that at
> > times you get to see the image "flicker", with a picture of a few frames
> > back flashing.
>
> yes, known problem. i think it's already fixed in CVS by Ivan, but didn't
> checked. libmpeg2 doesn't like sitching postprocess on/off.

Okie. Sorry for having wastes time ;)
(personal todo: get cvs source tonight!)

> btw, why do you need it for DVD? its' for low bitrate stuff.
err... because I can ? ;)
Seriously, I didnt notice any quality improvements with things like -pp
either (not for DVD), but there's a few artifacts i noticed in the movie
that really bothered me :/ (small "echos" around the yellow letters of the
title-screen, etc)... wanted to see if i could throw a little extra
CPU-time against it to get rid of 'em.

> > Now, i know that i should have tried the cvs version first before whining
> > here..., so if this is a "known issue" and is fixed in CVS, please go
> > ahead and throw that digital molotov cocktail into my mailbox ;) (or was
> done :)

Aaarrgh!
*puts out the flames with his last Jolt can*.. damn

Btw, while I'm wasting mailbox-space, anyway:
Is there anyone who (with playing dvd's) has noticed a sort of silent
"bubbling/chiming" effect ?
While watching 7 years in Tibet, i noticed that the sound had a sort of
low-bitrate mp3-like "bubbling" effect.. but very high pitched.
It was only easily noticable during very silent scenes with violin music
on the background, etc, but it was present during the whole movie.
Same question: Is this a known issue, or is this inherent to aac3 sound
decoding ?.. or is it my soundcard ? ;) (maestro2 builtin).
I'm gonna be testing the CVS tonight, in any case, but just in case this
hasnt happened to anyone before.

--
 A.P. Marijnissen
  Still no Linux Consultant.