[MPlayer-users] wrong SDL detection in configure

Nilmoni Deb ndeb at ece.cmu.edu
Sun Nov 4 18:49:58 CET 2001

This is a new problem.
configure incorrectly reports SDL detection as "yes" if I run:

./configure --enable-sdl

Since I have no SDL installed anywhere in my PATH, its supposed to report
SDL detection as a "no". That it actually fails to detect SDL is evident
bcos the config.mak file has the "SDL_INC" variable uninitialized.

The problem is with the configure script (cvs version 1.220), as shown by
the following lines (numbers are the line numbers):

882 # Checking for SDL ...

1322   --enable-sdl)
1323         _sdl=yes

This means irrespective of what happens in the part where sdl-config is
detected, if I give --enable-sdl as one of the configure parameters,
it will report SDL detection as an "yes".

This is a generic problem not limited to SDL detection. I suggest that the
checking for the enable/disable parameters be kept before the other stuff
(where all paths are checked).

thanks in advance
- Nil