[MPlayer-users] DVD playback jerks

Stefan Frings s.frings at mail.isis.de
Sun Nov 4 11:21:37 CET 2001

Hello,

a few days ago I wrote that the DVD playback using mplayer jerks while it
works fine under windows. Somebody told me to use the CVS version and test
the cache option. But I found an easier solution because my second drive, the
CD burner can also read DVD's and has an internal 4MB buffer. I tried playing
a DVD using this drive and it worked fine.

It seems that the speed of the drive is not really important because my CD
burner can read DVD with 4x speed and the "real" DVD drive can read with
8x-10x speed. But the burner has got a large buffer and that seems to be the
important part.

I'm sure that this problem can be fixed by using a program internal buffer in
the next versions.