[Mplayer-users] DivX tools

Felix Buenemann atmosfear at users.sourceforge.net
Wed May 30 22:47:08 CEST 2001

On Wednesday, 30. May 2001 18:36, you wrote:
> After a recent message posted to this list about a tool to split DivX
> files, I looked around and finding nothing, decided to begin writing a
> set of tools for dealing with AVIs under Linux.
>
> What sort of things do we need to do? I want to get a good understanding
> of what people need to accomplish so that I can design the tools to
> work together well through pipes and so that the command line options are
> consistent between tools and not too confusing.
>
> First things first, I'm going to write some code to modify the values
> in AVI headers, like change the given FPS value and so forth.
Maybe add a framerate autodetection based on length auf audiotrack.

> An AVI splitter / joiner would be nice too.
Best is to split on keyframe so you don't get image corruption (better read
stuff in virtual dub docus bout delta and s-frames and stuff to get an idea
of what to do)

An AVI muxer would be nice to join video with audio and interleave it (if you
do the muxltiplexer, demultiplexer is not a great thing so it could also be
done then).

> What else?
Good Luck and check Virtual Dub docs, they should have good docu on that
stuff and you can look at the sources to see how to do the trick.
--
Best Regards,
   Felix