[Mplayer-users] mplayer running slow...sometimes

JB baumanj at union.edu
Wed May 30 04:56:07 CEST 2001

Hello All-

I am running mplayer 0.17a on my Linux Mandrake 8.0 box running on a 500
MHz Celeron with 128 MB of RAM.  I have a Voodoo 3 3000AGP and a
SoundBlaster 512PCI.  I am using the Linux Kernel 2.4.3-10mdk with XFree86
version 4.0.3.  I use mplayer primarily to play DivX;-) files, and have
found that this is the best program for doing such, but is still laggy
sometimes.  Certain movies, like Brazil, Psycho, and The Mummy play
flawlessly using
x11 or sdl (-vo), while others like Sneakers, Meet the Parents, and Alien
are choppy while using x11 or sdl.  I compiled mplayer for my machine and
installed the codecs.  I know they are installed correctly but I feel that
something just isint working correctly.

Anyone have any ideas? These movies all play nicely in Windoze, but I am
die-hard linux.  Please help

-josh bauman

-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_
     Joshua Bauman   -  GNU Crusader