[Mplayer-users] Half screen at playing DVD files

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Wed May 23 14:31:12 CEST 2001

Hi,

> Hi A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team
>
> I have tried to find a tool which allows to me to chob off a piece of the vob
> file (1.7G), but could not find one. Any suggestions?
DeCSS package (comes with libcss from www.linuxvideo.org)

But it's much simpler to use mplayer for this:
mplayer -dvd /dev/... filenev -dumpvideo

the switch -dumpvidoe will dump video stream to a file (stream.dump) instead
of playing the movie. you can upload first 10-20 mb of this file.

> Further I bought my 2nd DVD, some movie thingy, and this displayes correct with
> mplayer -> it must be the format of the vob file.
sure.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu