[Mplayer-users] Half screen at playing DVD files

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon May 21 19:39:45 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > Hmm. Upload a piece of this VOB, I'll check it!!!
> > (if it's encrypted, then tell me the DVDKEY (printed by mplayer) too)
> >
> > Theoritically interlaced mpeg is supported, but was NEVER tested and
> > maybe doesn't work...
>
> Interlaced VOB files work fine, at least the one I have here.
> I tried several times.

Hmm. Not all interlaced VOBs are really interlaced!
I have some VOVS which looks interlaced, but it's compressed as frames,
not as fields. Uncomment this line in libmpeg2/decode.c and check it gets
printed or not:

//        if(picture->picture_structure != FRAME_PICTURE) printf("Field! %d

If it prints something it means that it's real interlaced image constructed
from 2 fields instead of 1 frame.
I have no file getting this printed :(

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu