[Mplayer-users] bugreports,

Dariusz Pietrzak dariush at ajax.umcs.lublin.pl
Thu May 17 10:25:21 CEST 2001

> Do you know a good email-based bugtracking/ticketing system?
I would recommend debbugs, it has functionality I used to preach around
here. I have set it up at home, but haven't tested it in any 'production'
environment.

> I mean something like a special mailing list. Every bug has its own
> maillist, members are bug reporter and developers.
Haven't found one like that.
debbugs just receives bugreport, assigns it a number, sends a copy of
report to maintainer, another copy to mailinglist, and send ack to
submitter stating bug number.
 Following updates to the bug are kept separately so anyone can view
it from web or by sending e-mail.

> With a web interface to get sorted list of open bugs, etc.
It's there.
http://bugs.debian.org is there to check out, and it's handling quite a
load ( yeah, numerous bugs in debian begging for someone to notice them )
Anyways it seems to me that every single projects spawns it's own
ticketing system ;).

--
Dariusz Pietrzak
Certified Nobody