[Mplayer-users] Crosscompile [...]

Christoph Lampert lampert at math.chalmers.se
Tue May 15 18:58:15 CEST 2001

>> X-Path during the compiling process itself. But that's not the question.
>> Question was, why it would need the X-Path on the machines it's later
>> _running_ on. RTFQ!
>RTFmail!
>A'rpi said ./configure isn't perfect because it does not (amongs others)
>detect X paths. Then you asked:
>

>> >but it isn't enough. it still not detects X path, drivers, kernel
>> Do you need really need X-Path? what for?
>What now?

Boy, this is getting weird... my turn again,

RTFmailyourself, or RTFthread!

1) I was asking for a compiler switch for cross-compiling.

2) A'rpi answered that there is support for switching SSE/MMX etc.
but that is not enough, because -and let me quote this-

>it still not detects X path, drivers, kernel
>and SDL version etc on the test machine.

Do you see the "test"? We have are _not_ talking about the machine we are
compiling on. We are talking about the machine it is supposed to _run_ on, the
"test"-machine. And of course configure _cannot_ find out the X-Paths for the
"test"-machine. And of course it _can_ find out the X-Paths for the
"build"-machine, and it does.

>A'rpi said ./configure isn't perfect because it does not (amongs others)
>detect X paths.

Do you really mean that??? Are we on different mailing lists?

3) I was asking, if it really needed the X-Path (once again: for the test
machine that is)

4) The correct answer is of course, NO, it needs X-libraries, but not X-paths.

5) q.e.d.

6) For me the thread ends here. Thank you all very much. You've been a wonderful
audience :-)

gruel

--
Dipl. math. Christoph Lampert (complex analysis, integral formulae)
Email: gruel at gmx.de                |     Email: lampert at math.chalmers.se