[Mplayer-users] DVD errors

Jason Lunz j at falooley.org
Sat May 12 03:55:05 CEST 2001

arpi at thot.banki.hu said:
> - do you run mplayer as root? DVD authentication needs root rights...

yes, I intend to debug this once i get it working. :)

> - do you use latest libcss from www.linuxvideo.org ?

I don't know. None of the machines I have access to have been able to
get a route to www.linuxvideo.org--is the site even up? The traceroute
to there looks ugly.

I found a mirror at www.it.linuxvideo.org, but it doesn't seem to be
running a cvs server so I got the latest cvs snapshot from yesterday. So
my libcss is pretty new. I'm running kernel 2.4.4.

Should I be mounting the dvd with iso9660 or udf? They both mount.

I can play the preview .vob and the menu background .vob, but not the
actual movie (Lord of Illusions).

thanks for your help,

Jason