[Mplayer-users] Bug with -idx option

Christoph Lampert lampert at math.chalmers.se
Thu May 10 09:24:30 CEST 2001

>> > When I run the mplayer on some .avi file without index with the -idx option
>> > it doesn't start playing. It wrotes messages about that it can't load the
>> > codec's dlls. However they are there and when I play the .avi file without
>> > the -idx option it seems to work fine, but I can't skip forward and back
the
>> > movie.

Errr... how long did you wait after calling mplayer with -idx before calling
it a failure? Building index can be a slow thing, it takes well over 1 minute
on my 200 MHz K6 for a large film.
The first time I used it, I thought it was broken, too.

gruel

--
Dipl. math. Christoph Lampert (complex analysis, integral formulae)
Email: gruel at gmx.de                |     Email: lampert at math.chalmers.se