[Mplayer-users] frame dropping?

Christoph H. Lampert gruel at gmx.de
Mon May 7 22:40:25 CEST 2001

Am Montag,  7. Mai 2001 02:06 schrieben Sie:
> Hi,
>
> I've just add a big hack code to mplayer, it should do
> frame dropping for VfW/DShow Win32 codecs.
> (mpeg is not yet supported...)
>
> The last number of the status line is the dropped frame counter.
> It will begin to drop frames when video has >=0.1 sec delay.
>
> Test it, maybe it's broken :(

How about setting a "current skipvalue" (based on A-V), that makes mplayer
skip every second frame, or every third, or four of five, etc. That would
make playing more "fluent" than checking every time, if it's time for a skip
again. At the moment you notice the skipping quite a lot.

gruel