[Mplayer-users] sami(smi) + two-byte subtitle patch

Sunjin Yang lethean at realtime.ssu.ac.kr
Sun May 6 06:40:56 CEST 2001

Arpi wrote:

> I like that font generator, it can help A LOT for every mplayer user to
> build fonts for his special characters in any size!
> I want to include it in the mplayer package, at TOOLS/, do you allow it?
> Maybe I'll add some configuration, I mean reading char-code ranges from
> a text file.

Preferably, I thank you. You may include it according to you want.

> i have many ideas for it :)
> are you interested in extending it?
> for example, if it's possible... for TTF fonts we have start and
> end points of any char, but they aren't always equal to first and
> last pixel coordinates. if you can save this info to the file, we
> can improve char spacing in subtitles. I also need stored char width
> divisable by 8 to get MMX renderer to work (i think it's an 1-minute
> hack in your code, something like width=(width+7)&(~7) ).
>
> if you are interested, we should move to mplayer-dev-eng with this.

I see.
(btw, what is mplayer-dev-eng? I couldn't find that name in 'info' page)

> btw there is already a png->raw converter at TOOLS/ :)
> but I like that RAW plugin for GIMP, it's very usefull!

If I knew the converter at TOOLS/, I didn't need to surf the web for RAW
plugin... :)

--

Make your life extraordinary & Carpediem... :)

Sunjin Yang
lethean at realtime.ssu.ac.kr
http://realtime.ssu.ac.kr/~lethean/
icq#:38671355