[Mplayer-users] mpeg 16bpp bug - HELP US

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat May 5 22:13:29 CEST 2001

Hi,

> > - it's a bug in MMX code, with ./configure --disable-mmx it works
>
> I'll check it soon and send you answer
Please check it, it really does matter!

> 15&24 bpp is OK. It's only in 16bpp
Hmm. if without mmx it's ok, then it's really strange.
why? because the same code is used for 15 and 16 bpp :)

maybe there is a problem at the initialization.

> I told you ARPI about this bug some time ago, but you didn't noticed.
I noticed, but got many of such bugreports, and didn't know the solution.
And I don't like to reply all questions with "I still don't know" :)
For now, I collected enough bugreports to start searching the bug.

> There is also a bug with ir32 compression. I can't get it work on XV output
> on ANY of the dephts. I send you description soon. (X11 works fine)
Do you mean indeo 3.2? That codec doesn't support YUV output - so it's
impossible to use Xv or other YUV-type output for it.
And with X11 the image should be upside-down.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu