[Mplayer-users] mpeg 16bpp bug - HELP US

havner alien at staszic.waw.pl
Sat May 5 21:39:03 CEST 2001

I got this bug

> We think:
> - this bugs exists only on SMP kernels with dual P3

No, i have P200 MMX, single prcessor

> - other depths (15/24/32) work well

They do, but I don't have 32bpp (S3 Virge 4mb)

> - it's a bug in MMX code, with ./configure --disable-mmx it works

I'll check it soon and send you answer

> If you've experienced this problem, then please contact us,
> and provide some details of your system:
> - uname -a  and list of special patches applied to kernel (if any)

Linux 2.2.16 i568

> - /proc/cpuinfo

see attachments

> - libc version

gli/bc-2.1.92

> - gcc and ld version

ld: 2.1.92
gcc: 2.96

> (read DOCS/BUGREPORTS from CVS if you don't know how to get these)
>
> Please try it in different depths, we want to know that it's specific to
> 16bpp, or exists in 15bpp and 24, 32 bpp too.
> (I think it exists in 15 and 16bpp, and works well in 24/32, but
> we don't know, because we can't reproduce this bug here)

15&24 bpp is OK. It's only in 16bpp

I told you ARPI about this bug some time ago, but you didn't noticed.
There is also a bug with ir32 compression. I can't get it work on XV output
on ANY of the dephts. I send you description soon. (X11 works fine)

regards
Lukas