[Mplayer-users] mplayer with alsa

Rajesh Fowkar rfowkar at goatelecom.com
Wed May 2 04:00:11 CEST 2001

Arpi saw fit to inform me that:
>> Can anybody help me out on what is to be put in mplayer.conf so that I need
>> not type -alsa everytime I want to play a video ?
>alsa=1

Thanks. It works. There are some little bit confusing options in
mplayer.conf regarding this. Consider this .

noalsa = 1 ????

>> Only problem with the keyboard navigation stuff is that, if there is some
>> problem with the VCD than I cannot skip that part and go forward. mplayer
>> directly returns me back to the command prompt.
>It shouldn't... What 'problem' do you mean? I want to see output of mplayer
>-v -v -v -v when exits VCD this way...
>(I have really BAD and damaged VCDs but they're playable without any
>problems. picture is blokcy and jumpy sometimes (where teh CD is bad) but it
>never exits until the end of the film)

Today I watched a VCD. The first CD had problems in between and mplayer was
trying to run the bad part too and jumpy, blocky pictures with breaking
sound and after some frames everything was normal ( ie.: after the problem
part was over). mplayer did not terminate. It completed the VCD.

The problem now is. Say if there is sufficient part of a VCD say 2-3
minutes contains errors than u have to painfully watch all those blocks and
breaking sound which is annoying.

In case I get a VCD which contains errors and if mplayer terminates than I
will send u the output of mplayer -v -v -v -v as asked by u.

Thanks for your time.

Bye the way. This is the best Video player I have come across on all
platforms. The quality is simply too good. Thanks.

Warm Regards

Rajesh Fowkar                    rfowkar at goatelecom.com
Kurtarkar Nagari,Bldg-C,T4,      http://rajesh.computers.webjump.com
Santacruz,Ponda-Goa-403401-INDIA Powered By :Debian GNU/Linux with GRUB
				             Kernel 2.4.4 & Mutt 1.3.17i
					     IceWM 1.0.8-5  & KDE 2.1
"The expert at anything was once a beginner."  -Hayes