[Mplayer-users] DOCS/VIDEOCARDS

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Mon Mar 19 00:25:39 CET 2001

Hi,

> Hmm, it doesn't need any installing. (maybe update your driver at
> /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers [at least for me])
> Try 'xvinfo' . Or make sure that XFree86's Xvideo extension is installed. (see
> log)
You forget the most important thing to note: XFree86 v4.0.1 or above
required for this... older X version doesn't have Xv.

> > It would be a great help to have some lines on installing the Xv device
> > (or pointers to appropriate documentation).
> I've just made a DOCS/VIDEOCARDS file, I'll upload it as soon as it is
> viable ;)
It's a good idea. It should contain 2 sections:
1. general info about the vo drivers, and their requirements
  (fox example, how to test/enable/install XV, GL, what is mga_vid etc)
2. list of the known cards, with the suggested config+vo driver for each
   card.

Btw the SOUNDCARDS file is very outdated ;)
It was true before the select() support, and when -alsa was option (now it's
the default).
Once I've removed it from CVS, but somehow it came back :)

> Please tell me what videocards do you have (and what libvo targets work for you),
> so I can add 'em to the file.
Yes, everyone with success stories should tell how does it work.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu