[Mplayer-users] mplayer doesn't work anymore

Gabucino gabucino at k2.jozsef.kando.hu
Sun Mar 18 23:23:38 CET 2001

It's the Question that drives us, Chittaranjan Mandal :
> The documentation states that Xv is a better device to use, but it is
> not trivial to install Xv.
Hmm, it doesn't need any installing. (maybe update your driver at
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers [at least for me])
Try 'xvinfo' . Or make sure that XFree86's Xvideo extension is installed. (see
log)

> It would be a great help to have some lines on installing the Xv device
> (or pointers to appropriate documentation).
I've just made a DOCS/VIDEOCARDS file, I'll upload it as soon as it is
viable ;)

Please tell me what videocards do you have (and what libvo targets work for you),
so I can add 'em to the file.

--
Gabucino