DIV5+6 support Re: Re: [Mplayer-users] new(?) codec

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Mar 18 06:56:59 CET 2001

Hi,

I've added DIV5 and DIV6 FOurCC support. As the decoder are same as
for DIV3/DIV4 support, MPlayer now uses the old divx dll for playing these.
So no *VKI DLL requires to play DIV5/6 files!

> VKI is a hacked up version of DIvX low motion codec (div3) that sets
> keyframes only at scene-changes instead of every x seconds. This results in smaller
> filesize and better imagequality in ost cases. (OpenDivX uses this
> technique,too and I think WindowMedia 8 aswell).
Yes. Also known as DivX ;-) v3.20 (on the OpenDivX forums)

Note: I've added CRAM codec support too.
I'll soon upload the msvidc32.dll (the CRAM codec) to thot.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu