[Mplayer-users] audio debug tools - please run these tests

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Mar 17 07:10:37 CET 2001

Hi,

There are still audio problems with the old and new (HQ) mplayer...
So I've created 2 small test-programs to discover various audio
driver behaviours...

They are on CVS, at TOOLS/
audio-select  and  audio-block
(running the script ./c compiles them)

Please run them, and send me the outputs and the description of your card:
- card model/type
- driver version (or kernel version if using buildt-in driver)
- extra module parameters/settings, if any

Notes:
- don't run any other audio programs (xmms, etc) while running these
- if possible, don't run any other program what eats cpu...
- keep some second pause between running the 2 tests!
- you'll not hear any sound running these tests - it's normal!
  (it plays just silence...)

Please run these even if you have no audio problems yet!
I'll re-design the whole audio code, so I really need these results.

thanks,

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu