[Mplayer-users] recovery from defective mpeg

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Mar 17 04:14:25 CET 2001

Hi,

> I found a short mpeg movie that seems like that the first
> 14 seconds are defect
> (see http://pool172.tbnet.ch/~attila/lodsswar_shnipped.mpg
> for the first 4MB). While -vo x11 works, ie shows a proper image
> after the 15th second, neither (x)mga, xv nor sdl recovers properly.

Hmm. I've downloaded, and it plays well (without any errors)
with mga, xmga, x11 and null. Btw I can't see any change around the
15th second. There is a waving logo at around the 6th sec, and some
music and picture begins around the 12th.

What kind of defect/problem do you see in the first 14 sec?

Which version did you try? I've changed mpeg error-recovery a day ago,
from codecctrl (3 processes) to setjmp/longjmp method.

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu