[Mplayer-users] -vo 3dfx support

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Fri Mar 9 18:20:21 CET 2001

Hi,

> Hi, i have tried this before:>
> > > I get dga, xv,x11,gl,odivx,pgm and md5 but no 3dfx.
> > ./configure --enable-3dfx
>
> /CVS-MP/main > ./configure --enable-x11 --enable-xv --enable-3dfx
> --enable-dga
>

> And after make dep;make:
>  ./mplayer -vo 3dfx mpg/test.mpg
> Invalid video output driver name: 3dfx
don't forget to run 'make distclean' after re-configuring the player!!!

> I have Voodoo banshee on PCI bus, kernel 2.4.1, Xfree 4.0.2 plain
this -vo 3dfx driver doesn't work with the new kernels.
it uses the old /dev/3dfx (used by the Glide 2.x deivers), but
that driver haven't yet ported to 2.4 (and won't, because it's replaced by
/dev/tdfx or dri)

you should use the Xv driver, it must work with X 4.0.2.
(maybe you have to install fresh DRI drivers or load the DRI kernel module)

> mp3lib: i586 processor detected.
>
> And in configure optimizations are made for i686, which one is right?
mp3lib has no special code for i686, it uses some assembly routine for i586
and i686, so it doesn't detect the difference.
C part are compiled with -mcpu=i686 with gcc...

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu