[Mplayer-users] new mga_vid driver

Gabucino gabucino at k2.jozsef.kando.hu
Thu Mar 8 20:26:04 CET 2001

It's the Question that drives us, Dariusz Pietrzak :
> > > IIRC SDL can play via aalib driver ( I used to watch videos in text-mode,
> > hmm, and what SDL_VIDEODRIVER needs to be set?
> dunno, i just runned mtvp on console.
It says :
[3471,1024] mtvp: fatal: disp: cannot select default VOH handler: Unknown error
(status=0)

Pity, it'd have been my best laughter in weeks :]
However aaflic could play FLI/FLC movies. BTW: it can't find it anywhere
lately (nor their homepage)...

Anyone else? Maybe it's a question of mtvp/SDL version, too.. (?)
MpegTV run-time Player - Version 1.1.0.20
SDL 1.1.7

> It looks extremely funny when you've captured yourself on computer camera
> and then transformed the movie to mpeg and then watching it as ascii ;)
And (for example) through ssh :)

> > > text-mode ( on framebuffer I can easily get resolutions like 1600x1400
> > I've watched FLC movies in 160x60 text with SVGATextMode, it was kinda neat :)
> 1600x1200 meant about 160x80 on my machine IIRC,
Sure. Pity my CGA can do only 80x25, and I lack the monitor for my Hercules
card :)

--
Gabucino