[Mplayer-users] new mga_vid driver

Dariusz Pietrzak dariush at ajax.umcs.lublin.pl
Thu Mar 8 09:46:37 CET 2001

> graphic is graphic, text is text. different things.
> if you really need, i can add an ascii driver to mplayer :)
IIRC SDL can play via aalib driver ( I used to watch videos in text-mode,
quite an experience ), and once mplayer has working sdl driver it should
be possible to watch mpeg4 movies in text console (but it would require
quite a processor power)

> > just imagine matrix played in b/w using the a-z and 0-9 characters
> instead of colors :)))
I've seen sth like that :)
But it still works better with framebuffer text-mode then text-mode
text-mode ( on framebuffer I can easily get resolutions like 1600x1400
which are essential if you want to actually see sth in text mode )