[Mplayer-users] How to optimize mplayer ? answer for Steve Davies.

Étienne BAUDRILLARD etienne.baudrillard at online.fr
Thu Jun 21 05:14:59 CEST 2001

> On Wed, 20 Jun 2001, [iso-8859-1] Étienne BAUDRILLARD wrote:
> > I use Xv with my ATI Rage Mobility 128 M4 (32Mo) on a PIII 800MHz. My
> > screen resolution is 1600x1200, and it's not as fluid as with low
> > resolution. I can see also that mplayer don't use very much RAM (less
> > than 1% of my 512Mo...). How can I optimize mplayer to have a "top fluid"
> > movie with high resolution ?
>
> Lower your screen resolution?
>
> What are you trying to do - watch full-screen?  In which case you should
> just lower the resolution; the movie resolution isn't going to be more
> that 720x576 I'm sure.

In fact I just want to watch full screen movies, and very fluid movies (Yes,
the best we could have...).
When I'm watching them with low resolution (just a part of my screen), it's
ok. When I'm watching them with full-screen, the movie is less fluid.

Is there issues to solve this problem ?

For example, we could use more memory (for mplayer buffer). But I don't know
if it's even possible, and if mplayer can be optimize with buffer size and
things like that... It's just what I want to do.

Regards,
Etienne