[Mplayer-users] avi output to file?

Francisco Granda fgranda at atlantic.net
Sun Jun 17 05:29:58 CEST 2001

I was just wondering if it was possible to use mplayer as a method of decompressing avi (mp43) divx format and recompressing it as an mpeg-1 stream for use in VCD players. I know the av2yuv does this but fails in codecs related to divx, is it possible to output mplayer to file in yuv format? Its just a question.. and perhaps a suggestion. I don't know of any programs which do this under linux.. and since my Athlon 1Gz with 768M Ram is a linux box and not windows I was hoping to use it instead of my windows box which is much slower.

Sincerely,
Francisco Granda