[Mplayer-users] dvd: ac3 sigill bug

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sun Jun 17 00:47:42 CEST 2001

Hi,

> Linux kibako 2.2.19 #1 Sat Apr 28 23:08:24 CEST 2001 i686 unknown

> model name      : Pentium III (Coppermine)

ehh. you SHOULD NOT use 2.2.x kernel for P3. It has broken SSE support
(doesn't save SSE register status, so if more than one process uses SSE
or FPU it will fail)

> Thanks that seems to help. But I needed to increase them both
> a lot (factor 2 didn't help, just delayed the problem)
> they are now:
hmm. what are teh audio_setup lines printed by mplayer at start?

> It's either a CS4616/4622/4624 (don't know the exact type)
> I use alsa (0.5.11)
use alsa 0.9, it has MUCH better buffering code!!!
what mplayer -ao driver are you using? oss or native alsa?

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu