[Mplayer-users] Subtitle (de)synchronization, flickery OSD

Arpi arpi at thot.banki.hu
Sat Jun 16 19:37:06 CEST 2001

Hi,

> I played several *.avi files with the MPlayer (one also with the latest
> CVS) and it seems there is some problem with subtitles synchronization -
> they get more and more delayed (similar behaviour as with sound in
> IdegCounter for example). When I restart playing with -ss option, the
> subtitles are synchronized again, but desync already begins...
>
> It does not seem to be a CPU power (or so) problem, because video is O.K.
> and soud too.

Very strange, because subtitle is synced to video position. Maybe another
problem with precision of 'float'? I'll check.

> And one more question: I think there was a thread  in past about flickery
> OSD. I also thought it was solved, but it still sometimes happens (I use
> xv or x11 output). It is quite surprising because IdegCounter does not
> show this problem.
It was never solved directly, but answered many time shere and in the FAQ.
You have to change number of buffers on vo_xv.c to >1
(won't be default, because need hardware support and enough video
memory)

A'rpi / Astral & ESP-team

mailto:arpi at thot.banki.hu
http://esp-team.scene.hu