[Mplayer-users] How to

Christoph Lampert lampert at math.chalmers.se
Thu Jun 14 17:56:59 CEST 2001

>> Please send the error messages as well, otherwise nobody can do anything
>> to help you. And read DOCS/BUGS, DOCS/BUGREPORTS because programmers love
>> it, if people do that.
>I did so. Here is my first error on make dep

Are you sure? I meant not only reading, but also acting as described there.

First: Which version of MPlayer are you using? If something does not work,
update Mplayer to latest CVS (or CVS-snapshot). If you did that, you don't
need a "make dep" at all. Just "configure" and "make". It's all described
in the DOCS/INSTALL, which should come even before DOCS/BUGSREPORT.

If it still fails, collect data about your machine (software versions!)
and send output of configure etc. etc.

etc.

etc.

etc.